For additional information, check out these links.
- American Kennel Club (AKC) Resources
AKC Therapy Dog Titles
- The purpose of this program is to recognize AKC dogs and
their owners who have given their time and helped people by
volunteering as a therapy dog and owner team. There are 5
AKC Therapy Dog™ titles for dogs who have worked to improve
the lives of the people they have visited.
AKC GoodDog! Helpline
- The AKC GoodDog! Helpline offers live telephone support from our team of knowledgeable trainers. Whether you need help training your puppy, introducing an adult dog to your home, or improving their manners, AKC is here to assist.
- C4C Resources
Canines For Christ Merchandise Online Store
- An online store for convenient ordering of Canines For
C4C Coloring Page
- A C4C coloring page to give to children as a way of reaching
out to them with how God can use dogs to show His love to
people in wheelchairs and otherwise.This can be a great
teaching tool. Please feel free to print this and use as
appropriate in your home, church and community.
C4C Pocket Testament (the Gospel of John)
- The C4C Pocket Testament is the Gospel of John with C4C ministry
information featured. This small 5 1/2" x 3 1/2" booklet is perfect to give
to everyone in need of reading God's word through the book of John. If
you are interested in a supply of these, please send an email to
Shopping Through AmazonSmile Results in Donations
- When shopping for anything this year, remember you can make
a donation to Canines for Christ when you purchase something
from Amazon through AmazonSmile. This is a program with
Amazon where you can link your account to a charity, like
Canines for Christ. A percentage of your purchases will go
- Facebook Pages
Main Canines for Christ
- Main Facebook Page for Canines for Christ, based in Tampa,
Cincinnati, OH Canines for Christ
- Canines for Christ Facebook Page for our Cincinnati, Ohio teams
Erie Shores, OH Canines for Christ
- Canines for Christ Facebook Page for our Erie Shores, Ohio teams
Gulf Coast, FL Canines for Christ
- Canines for Christ Facebook Page for our Gulf Coast, Florida teams
Nashville, TN Canines for Christ
- Canines for Christ Facebook Page for our Nashville, Tennessee teams
Quakertown, PA Canines for Christ
- Morning Star's Canines for Christ Facebook Page for our
Quakertown, Pennsylvania teams
Suncoast Canines for Christ
- Canines for Christ Facebook Page for our Bradenton/Sarasota Florida
- Facebook page for establishing Canines for Christ visits and recruiting
in the Bradenton, FL area
- In The News
ABC Action News - "Therapy Dog Program Helps Veterans with PTSD in Court"
- A Tampa court is giving veterans with PTSD, a second chance and it wouldn't be possible without help from dogs. Veterans coming into Tampa's Treatment Court are in trouble with the law, but this is no regular courtroom.
ABC Action News - "Surprise at TIA"
- All those people stranded in Tampa because of the snowstorm? This
pup is on a mission to cheer them all up while they wait to get back
home! Great job Larry and Susan, and Gracie!
DoingGoodTV - Jim and "Bouc" care through Canines for Christ and American Cancer Society
- Video discusses how Jim Kidwell volunteers with his dog, Bouc, by caring for cancer patients!
They volunteer for two non-profits at the same time: Canines for Christ and the American
Cancer Society Memorial Foundation Hope Lodge - Nashville.
TheNews | Nashville Community Newspapers - "Local Therapy
Dog Serves God and Community"
- Newpaper article about how C4C Nashville volunteers, Ron
Leonard and "Molly", serve God in a powerful way ministering
to the military.
Congratulations to "Molly" who achieved the AKC "Advanced
Therapy Dog" designation.
Christian Television Network Features Canines for Christ in Pensacola Regional Broadcast
- CTN film segment on the Canines for Christ ministry in Pensacola
Fox 13 Video -"Faith in Action - Canines for Christ"
- News video highlights how the Canines for Christ ministry
displays Faith In Action
Fox 17 Nashville Video - "Therapy Dog Impacts Kids at Camp
- A summer day at Camp Progress is anything but usual. That's
why Molly, a Canines for Christ therapy dog, is playing such
a big part
in helping these children.
Fox 13 Video - "These K9s Know How To Make You Smile, At
Just the Right Time"
- Fox 13 News reporter interviews Larry Randolph while showing
how Canines for Christ makes patients smile, at just the
Canines for Christ Approved as AKC Therapy Dog Group
- Letter from the American Kennel Club approving Canines for
Christ as a Therapy Dog Group
Tampa Tribune Article
- Canines for Christ ministry delivers faith-based dog therapy
Ability Bible Series
- Adventures of Zeke and Jimmy: The Tales of Two
Dogs -- God’s
Word as seen through the eyes of two dogs. This book is
written especially for adults with mental disabilities by
Dog Breed Discrimination by Isaias Silva and Richard Tuttle III
- This paper was an assignment for students at the Sam Houston
State University in Huntsville, Texas. The students were to
find information on the following categories: A literature
review of the topic, summarize an article about their chosen
animal in the news, summarize a legal issue or law in
regards to their topic, and describe an organization and/or
agency that has an effect on their topic.
Dog Devotion: A Devotional For Dog Lovers
- Dog Devotion is a topical devotional for dog lovers written by Canines for Christ Volunteer Patty
Johnston. The devotions contained in this book will help you relate your relationship with your
beloved pet with your spiritual walk and relationship with God. The devotions are short for the
busy person. They will amuse, encourage and inspire you. This resource can be purchased on
Amazon Smile for $10.00
The New Breed of Service Dog: Canine Caregivers for Dementia and
- Excellent article discussing such topics as: the history of service dogs,
how a dog is certified as a therapy dog, and the benefits that therapy
dogs provide to patients.
- Related Organizations
- "Buddy Break" consists of 120 local churches in 20 states which make
a special effort to connect with
children with special needs and disabilities of all kinds by sponsoring
monthly Buddy Breaks.
The local church offers a FREE parents' day out/respite program where
kids and their
siblings make new friends in a safe and loving environment while their
caregivers get a much
needed break. Canines for Christ is active in many churches with this
organization. We encourage you to review the Web site to find out if a
"Buddy Break" church
is in your community.
- Pets4Christ is an online boutique full of products for your pet that are inspired by Faith. Our
product line is
continuously growing and we encourage customer feedback on our current products, as well
as suggestions for
which products you’d love to see! Safety and comfort of our products are always a top
Note: Canines for Christ will receive 25% of your order if you select "Canines for Christ"
- Pyramid serves those with severe disabilities as it seeks new ways to engage its students, to provide an environment in which they can find excitement and meaning, and to provide them the opportunity to become full participants in their communities.
- Stronghold Ministry provides spiritual support and comfort to cancer patients, caretakers and others in
crisis. Our name, Stronghold, comes from the many Old Testament references to the Lord who wants to be
our strength, refuge and security in times of trouble. Our message is that when we are losing our grip, no
matter what we are going through, the Lord is our Stronghold.
We provide free spiritual gift baskets, counseling, host support groups, speak in home groups, Sunday
school classes, youth groups and a Sunday morning guest speaker at your church service. We offer our
services free to cancer patients and those in crisis.
The One Roof Initiative
- A non-denominational para-church ministry, The One Roof Initiative’s vision is to connect those impacted by disability -- individuals and their families -- to help and hope.
- Resources for People With Disabilities